Monday

THE HUNGER GAMES BY SUZANNE COLLINS REVIEW!!

WOW, that's all I can say! This book is exhilarating, exciting and forever leaving you in complete suspense. 

This book tells the story of Katniss Everdeen, who lives in District 12 in the nation of Panem(Once know as North America). Katniss steps forward to take her sister Prim's place in the annual 'Hunger Games' when she gets chosen in a 1 in 8000 chance! The Hunger Games is a fight to the death where only 1 tribute is left standing. There are 12 districts in Panem and each district has to send 1 boy and 1 girl(Tributes) to the brutal games, making 24 tributes. In the games there is only 1 rule-Kill or be Killed. Along with her is the boy tribute from her district Peeta Mellark, her mentor Haymitch who is the only former winner of the Hunger Games from her district and Effie Trinket who prepares them for their death. As they get ready to prepare from the games all of the districts and the Capitol are watching, if they want to survive they will need good sponsors so they will have to get noticed. On the night before the games Peeta annouces his love for Katniss at the interviews in front of the nation, but what will this bring for them. This is a story where to win you will have to kill and be ready to put up a fight. 

There are LOADS more twists and turns but I will ruin the whole story if I give it away and I don't want to do that because it's what makes the story SO GREAT!. Lets just say you won't see any of it coming. I HAVE to give this book a VERY big 10/10 because as I said at the beginning it keeps you in complete suspense, there is so much action and excitement, you just can't put it down.  The ending is such a cliffhanger I would suggest having the second book on hand(Unlike me). I would recommend this book for ages 12+ because it is violent as it is a fight to the death but still a MUST READ!.Just I am now TOTALLY OBSESSED with 'The Hunger Games' you have got to read it. I don't know how Suzanne Collins did it but it seems impossible to write such a FANTASTIC book! I payed £3.99 for this book(as it was on offer) and what a BARGAIN! It has 458 pages of complete exhilaration and is know my favorite book of ALL TIME!! I would also like to add it has recently been made into a film and is know the top film in the WORLD!
I LOVE IT!


I am now on the second book in the trilogy 'Catching Fire' which is also AMAZING and has SO many surprises you really don't see any of them coming! You really can't describe how great this series is in words!

Keep Day Dreaming & BUY THE HUNGER GAMES!
Sophie :D

P.S There are quite a few different covers to this book so, they may not be all the same as this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read - and comment on - this blog post! I read and reply to every comment, so feel free to ask any questions and I'll answer!

See you soon!

Sophie Louise