Sunday

The Best & The Rest 2012: Book to Film Adaptions

This is my second post in my the new feature as we head into 2013! About two weeks ago I posted about t The Best & The Rest: Books. This week, I'm taking a look at the book adaptions in 2012.

"Moments, my life is made up of a series of moments,
Let them go" - Tessa

Now Is Good is an adaption of Jenny Downham's novel, Before I Die. Now Is Good was truly fantastic! It was tear-jerking and moving but was also had funny moments throughout. It had such a strong story-line and Tessa, (Played by Dakota Fanning) was so powerful. It was also set in Brighton, so it brought the message close that Tessa is just a normal girl but going through such a heart-breaking experience although, she is still inspiring as she just wants to live. On Tessa's bucket list are take drugs, go on a date and break the law. Definitely one of my favourite films of the year! I'm yet to read the book but I've got on my wish-list for Christmas.

"I thought we would be safe forever,
but forever wasn't as long as I had hoped" - Bella Swan

Breaking Dawn Part 2 the conclusion to the Twilight Saga by Stephanie Meyer exceeded my expectations! I've never been a huge fan of Twilight but Breaking Dawn Part 2 was exhilarating! The climax was action-packed and exciting with the twist in the books' plot. I much preferred this ending because it brought so much to the film. Nobody could have predicted the ending. Overall, the film is also emotional and funny. Moments between Jacob and Charlie and comments by Emmet really bring laughter into this film. I really enjoyed this and thought is was an ending to tie all the loose ends together at the end. 

"I wish I could think of a way to show them that they don't own me, 
That I'm more than just another piece in their games" -Peeta Mellark

The Hunger Games, the first in the trilogy by Suzanne Collins, was exhilarating! It was true to the books by keeping in all the details that make them so special. It was emotional with the relationship between Katniss and Prim. It was exciting throughout the film, especially at the beginning and climax in the 74th Annual Hunger Games. Katniss was so powerful and was so honestly brought to life in this adaption. The Hunger Games was also captivating and took you into the world of Panem. You felt anger at the Capitol for forcing the 'tributes' to compete in this life-or-death game but the violence wasn't over-exaggerated. The Hunger Games was fantastic with every part of it from the music to the costumes being how I imagined or hoped them to be like.

Life of Pi is the book adaption of the novel of the same name by Yann Martel. I haven't yet seen this but, after seeing it advertising while in the cinema, I have to see it! It looks mesmerising! I'm hoping to go and see it after Christmas but I still think it will be incredible. From the trailer you can just see it will be such a unique.


What have been your book adaptions of 2012?
Is there anything you are looking forward to seeing come 2013?

Only 8 days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read - and comment on - this blog post! I read and reply to every comment, so feel free to ask any questions and I'll answer!

See you soon!

Sophie Louise