Tuesday

Turn the Page Once More

 When I read The Hunger Games, it instantly became my favourite book. I think I've read it three times now, and Catching Fire twice. I also find myself constantly flicking to a random page and just enjoying a few chapters because I know the story so well and there's the urge to jump back in. It frustrates me when I find that I've forgotten details about the storyline or the characters. In this case, I head for my bookshelf and flick through the pages until I can find out what happened or who it is. It's the small details that make me want to read a book again. This is something that will keep me up late at night, trying to think of a characters name. It's good to know I have my bookshelf close by for late-night thoughts. And you may be thinking why? You know how it ends? But I think it's because you want the characters to live again or to enjoy their story.

If I had more time, I'd definitely re-read books more. Some others I'm eager to re-read are: Hetty Feather and Sapphire Battersea by Jacqueline Wilson, since I have the final book waiting on my shelf and Divergent and Insurgent by Veronica Roth but I think I will wait until a few weeks before Book 3(Convergent?) comes out. This is the reason I will be re-reading books over the next few months. Most of the sequels I am desperate to read come out in September or October these including Resist(Sequel to Breathe) and Crown of Midnight(Sequel to Throne of Glass which I am reading right now). This is one of the other main reasons for me re-reading, so I know where the storyline's left out and have all the characters back into my mind. There's also The Raven Boys #2 to look forward to in September.

Dive into your old favourite read!
Although, I find I do not read many books again. The odd few, yes, but I prefer picking up a book from my shelf and reading a few pages or chapters, just to refresh my memory. I always do this with my old Jacqueline Wilson books. She inspired me to write and read, along with being my favourite child-hood author. I bought the magazines and most of her books. I always find them really relaxing, when I can't sleep at night they are perfect. Other books I always do this with are Geek Girl, Small Blue Thing and Beautiful Creatures. How couldn't you?

There have always been those books I've put down after the first few pages but picked up again. I read the first few pages of The Hunger Games to give up, and pick it up a few minutes later to try again. There are those books I won't be giving another try-The Perks of Being a Wallflower was one I left on Page 24. I really wanted to love it, but didn't.

When do you turn the pages again?

4 comments:

  1. I'm midway from Clockwork Princess, but I already feel like re-reading the series! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome post! I rarely turn the pages of a book again which I really want to change. I have so many unread books so I don't have that much time to read books that I've already read. But when I'm not feeling well, I love to skim through some of my old favourites! I must have read the Harry Potter series a gazillion times by now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Post, I'm currently reading The Fault In Our Stars again. I am in love The Hunger Games, and I need to read Geek Girl so badly. Jacqueline is an all time favourite as well and I love her Hetty Feather series too and Breathe and BC are on my bookshelf waiting to be read. Thanks for sharing :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post!

    I don't often re-read, as (like Zoe) I have so many books unread that if I reread my favourite books I wouldn't have time to read the unread books on my Kindle or bookshelf. When Divergent 3 comes out, I'll definitely do a re-read of Divergent and Insurgent, and I might do a re-read of Clockwork Angel before I read Clockwork Prince and Clockwork Princess, although I might not as it's a library book and it is due in 2 weeks! :)

    One book I have re-read about 3 or 4 times is Matilda by Roald Dahl, it's probably one of my favourite books and I can never tire of it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read - and comment on - this blog post! I read and reply to every comment, so feel free to ask any questions and I'll answer!

See you soon!

Sophie Louise