Thursday

Latest Awards, Competition & Poll News!

This is a post literally to tell you all about what's happening in 'A Day Dreamers World'  There's a lot of news so instead of doing separate posts I've decided to squeeze it all into one post. I really don't know whether it's for my sake, so I don't need to write loads of different posts or yours, so you don't need to read three different posts from me. Who knows?

I've have been nominate for loads of different awards lately so thank you to everyone who has nominated me! The only problem is all these posts about awards are filling up my blog and I love to post my latest stories, reviews and opinions. So, I've decided to make a new awards page! If you have nominate me for an award please could you comment on the bottom of that page. You will then find all blog related posts in that tab. I will post a link to the page on one of my other posts when a new award has been uploaded to the page so you know when to look to find out if your one of the people I've nominated. Thank you for all your nominations and please keep them coming!

My writing competition has been extended to the 24th as I need some more entries! Thank you to the people who have sent me entries so far, your stories were amazing! If you haven't heard anything about this competition, here are the rules that I have changed slightly but previous entries are still counted:

  • Your story has to be 500-1000 words long(I'm not too fussy so If you go a few words over or under please don't go running around your house, throw your laptop through the window and scream in frustration)
  • It will need to be about a summer holiday experience.
  • It can be fiction or non-fiction-it's up to you!
  • It will need to be exciting, interesting, original and something that will keep people gripped.
  • My Guest Judge is Kate Maryon! The top entries will be sent to her to help me pick a winner!
  • Make it your own, but don't add any personal information
  • The closing date is on the 24th August!
  • You can email all your entries to my new email address especially for this blog a-day-dreamer@live.co.uk
  • Please add your blogs address to the email so I can find you easily if you win.
  • If you have any troubles with emailing me your entry or anything else just comment.
  • I have the right to change the prizes at any time.

The prizes!


Winner:

  • The winner will get the chance to choose 10 questions that they would like to see an author answer in an interview with me! 
  • Your story will be posted to this blog.
  • Your blog button will be added to my sidebar.
  • Your very own guest post on this blog!
  • Other prizes to come!

Runner up:


  • The runner up will get the chance to choose 5 questions that they would like to see an author answer in an interview with me!
  • Your story will be posted to this blog.
  • Other prizes to come!

Latest Poll Results


My latest poll was 'What should I read this summer?' and there were only two choices 'The Twilight Saga' by Stephanie Meyer or 'The Harry Potter Series' by J.K Rowling. The winner is The Harry Potter Series with 77% of the votes!(7 votes) with The Twilight Saga getting 22% of the votes(2 votes). I don't know why it only adds up to 99% but I think it's to do with all the rounding. It's summer so I'm not going to do the maths!

Just a quick update from A Day Dreamers World,

8 comments:

  1. I stopped accepting awards a long time ago because of all the work it takes sometimes and I hate having to post about it -.- Good luck to your contest too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They take a lot of work and fill up my time for other posts. Saying that I would still like to accept them so making a page seems like the best thing. Then, at least I'm not fully committed to doing all the posts. Thanks Eileen!
      Sophie:)

      Delete
  2. I believe I already commented that I would like to join the contest? Plus, I'm looking for interested bloggers to join blogforjoy.blogspot.com. Email me if you know anyone, and send their email adresses... I will be waiting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will try and find the comment now! All you need to do is email me at a-day-dreamer@live.co.uk with your entry. I will join and will add a link to my next post too!
      Sophie:)

      Delete
  3. congratulations! you have been nominated for the versatile blog award! go to http://gjamhill.blogspot.co.uk/ for the details! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much but this is now an award free place!
      Sophie:)

      Delete
  4. Hey,
    I nominated you for the Belle Blog Award head here for details- http://asupersunnyspot.blogspot.com.au/2012/08/the-belle-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks but this is now an award free place! They were taking up so much room. You can find all about awards in the 'Awards!' tab.

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read - and comment on - this blog post! I read and reply to every comment, so feel free to ask any questions and I'll answer!

See you soon!

Sophie Louise