Wednesday

My Opinion & QOTW-Changing the Exam System!

So, this week there has been news that they are changing the exam system! There haven't been any changes here...YET. It's pretty much indefinite that there will be changes though and this is what I've decided to have my weekly rant on, saying that there are a lot of young people having their say on this.

Why would you change the exam system? Why would you want to make it harder? Have young people struggling to achieve what they want to achieve. It's fine to challenge us, I like to have to stretch my brain in school sometimes because when you finally find the answer you feel like you've really achieved something. The only thing is exams are tough already. There is a lot of stress on young people, family problems, their own struggles, GCSE's, and there trying to make it harder? It's fine for the people that make these decisions, the MP's, as they have never faced the struggles of being a normal teenager. Okay, maybe not the best choice of words but what I mean is that they have gone to top schools with small classes. Their parents have been able to afford the the best education and let's face it they haven't been in school for a while. How do they know how hard exams already are? How much you need to achieve and do while in school to try and get a job? I think, they really need to let us have our say in this one. This one time where the decision doesn't effect our parents, but effects us. These changes-that will happen-won't effect me while being in school but when the new exam system comes in, the exams I will(hopefully) pass won't be important anymore. They have been saying that the GCSE system is hard to understand and doesn't give everyone a chance but have they actually asked us? I don't think they need to make the GCSE system harder, or change it for that matter. I think the exam system is right. Part coursework and part exam is the way it should be but there even taking that away(or might be). I don't like exams so coursework is probably a great thing for me, there are people like me who don't want to sit an exam and then my grade would be only on that? No pressure! Like I said how is it fair? I'm struggling to pick four options(In Year 9 so picking my options soon!) but at least I get to have a choice on which four I pick and I can choose whether I want the one's with more coursework. 

Question of the Week! - Do you think the exam system is too easy?
Just comment!

By the way there is a poll on my sidebar right now asking 'What is YOUR favourite book series?' and Harry Potter is winning by FIVE votes! If your favourite book series is something different, just vote to let your opinion count!(Please)

11 comments:

  1. Cool post! Just wondering when you will judge the competition? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Winners are announced this Saturday!
      Sophie:) x

      Delete
  2. We worked it out, my year is going to be the 1st year to take the English Bac (it's full name is massive!) so I'm quite annoyed :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would be too! I'm still annoyed even though I'm not doing them because I leave school before any changed will come into action. I think it's Ebacc?
      Sophie:) x

      Delete
    2. Yeah, it's something like that. I think until it's finalised everyone is calling them O-Levels :)

      Delete
    3. My parents did O-Levels, I really don't know why they keep changing things though. They may as well keep the exams the same as long as pupils are doing well.
      Sophie:)

      Delete
  3. You are so right. I'm from Ireland and there was talk on the radio a couple of weeks ago about changing the Junior Certificate which is the same as GCSEs. I think you are totally right. Loads of teens are struggling with school, personal issues, money - etc and people think this is okay even though itsn't okay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly thing they're is no need to make things harder for teens. It's really interesting to find out what the exam system is like because it's different in Ireland and Scotland compared to England and Wales(It's the same in England & Wales). Thanks Abbie!
      Sophie:)

      Delete
    2. Yeah no problem. What your saying is totally right and I can't fault that one bit. You've got some incredible opinions

      Delete
    3. Thank you! Means so much!
      Sophie:)

      Delete
    4. I'm here to make people happy and your blog is just pure amamzing.

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read - and comment on - this blog post! I read and reply to every comment, so feel free to ask any questions and I'll answer!

See you soon!

Sophie Louise