Monday

Monthly Wrap-Up - August

August was a really good month for me. Of course, it meant a full-month off from school so, I spent days reading and writing, which helped get me through six books this summer! I also had some amazing news(that ended up with me crying I was just so happy) and had summer-fun with my friends.


Summer reading*
The really amazing news came in the form of one of my poems getting published in a collection with fellow aspiring-poets. I had never planned to get published in a poetry collection, or even contemplate it to begin with, but thanks to everyone who commented on 'Life Itself' when I posted it a few weeks ago, I submitted it into the competition that lead it to the road to publication. It's such a great opportunity and when I got the letter through the post, I was shaking. So, thank you to everyone who left really nice comments on the poem.
 
Blog wise it's also been a fantastic month! Not only did I finally reach one hundred followers, I also got to another goal of mine which was to reach 25,000 pageviews! I've now passed one hundred but seriously, I was so excited to reach it! And to have so many people reading my blog! I did promise that if I reached those goals I would do a Vlog and that is in the works at the moment. I'm hoping to post it next week if possible!

I ended up doing some really fun things with family and friends as well this month. I visited Drayton Manor Theme Park with my family, went to see Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters with friends and then roller skating - which turned out to be quite an experience.
 
Onto the books that I read:
 
Diary of a Mall Girl by Luisa Plaja
A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness
Crown of Midnight(Throne of Glass #2) by Sarah J. Maas
City of Bones(The Mortal Instruments #1) by Cassandra Clare
Shipwrecked(Shipwrecked Saga #1) by Siobhan Curham
Baby Aliens Got My Teacher(A short, quick children's proof provided by Nosy Crow) by Pamela Butchart
 
As well as these books above, I have almost finish The Soterion Mission by Stewart Ross and am also reading Monsters of Men by Patrick Ness. As Baby Aliens Got My Teacher was only 132 pages, and was a children's book, I reviewed it on Goodreads rather than on my blog as it isn't for the audience of you, my readers!
 

Book of the Month:

 
I can't help but choose two for this months, Book of the Month as everyone knows how much I loved Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas! It was everything I could have wanted in the next chapter of Celaena's story, as well as leaving me jaw-dropped.



A Monster Calls was just breath-taking. I have a review already written a review of this one
and once I began reading, I couldn't put it down. I read it in less than a day it wasn't just a YA Novel,  it was a story. A heartbreaking yet, memorable story.
 
Since it's now September and I'm back in school tomorrow, it means I will have less time to read as the homework starts piling up again. Despite this, my plan to have no ARC's left waiting to be read and reviewed by the end of the summer ended up scattered across the floor. Or buried under the TBR. Who knows? But instead, I have eight books for review waiting for me and out of those, I'm going to read this month:
 
The Elites by Natasha Ngan
Amber by Julie Sykes 
 
This month I've also spent so much time chatting on Twitter with blogging-buddies about everything and anything. It was great to spend so much time rambling, chatting, discussing and revelling in Amber and Hawwa's craziness. Also a big thank you to Charli, Jack, Rita, Ruby, Sunny and Zoe for filling my twitter-feed with blogger brilliance! And to Siobhan Curham and everyone who joined in with our LIVE Goodreads Chat which was so much fun - as Siobhan said it was great to find out which type of cake everyone was.
 
 How was your August? Tell me in the comments!
*Pictures used in this post are not my own.

8 comments:

  1. Eek congratulations on your poem! Getting published is amazing :D Glad you had such a super month- the books you've got to read for September sound awesome too :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Debbie! And daunting! Hope you have a good September too! :)

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on becoming a PUBLISHED POET! So happy for you :D Definitely had a successful month!
    CROWN OF MIDNIGHT! AHHHHH CHAOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU SO MUCH! I really appreciate it! I hope you did too!
      AHHHH I KNOW! THAT ENDING :O

      Delete
  3. YAY That is so awesome to have had your poem published. Congratulations, I'm really happy for you. Sounds like you had a awesome month. I also read Crown of Midnight this month so I totally get all the feels you went through. Thank YOU for filling my twitter feed with blogger brilliance. Happy September!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Sunny! I'm so excited! Honestly, it was some of the best news I could get. It was amazing right? Poor Chaol, but woah, I didn't see that coming! Haha! BLOGGERS ARE BRILLIANT - there is no other argument!

      Thanks - you too!

      Delete
  4. AW THANK YOU SOPHIE IT'S LOVELY TALKING TO YOU ON TWITTER TOO! ;D And yes, congratulations on having your poem published! :) Also, I'm glad you loved A Monster Calls as I thought it was just incredible. :D It sounds like you had an amazing month – congrats on 25,000! Also congrats on 1000 comments.

    (By the way I accidently deleted day 5 of my blogoversary, meaning that I haven't been able to post my giveaway of More Than This... instead I'll be giving it away when I hit 50,000 views. I thought you might want to know this as I know you LOVE Patrick Ness!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY!!! You've been awesome to chat to on Twitter too!!! Now, when are we going to go to The Library Hotel? xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read - and comment on - this blog post! I read and reply to every comment, so feel free to ask any questions and I'll answer!

See you soon!

Sophie Louise